There are two practices based within Tain Health Centre and both of these practices cover the same catchment area. It is each individual patient’s right to choose which Practice or General Practitioner they wish to register with. If you have been recommended a particular doctor please let the reception staff know so that they can guide you to the correct practice.
How to register:
- If you have your medical card from your previous practice then simply fill in your new address and date and sign the card to hand in to the reception desk.
- If you do not have your previous medical card then a form can be completed at the front desk for you.Once we have received either of these documents we will register you with the practice. Patients will remain registered with the practice and be entitled to treatment until either:
- they choose to register with another practice or
- the practice removes a patient from the list due to unacceptable behaviour as detailed in the “Health and Safety Policies” in this booklet.
- Please bring a form of photo ID, if possible, with you when you register and also proof of address.
When you register you will also be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire. This is because it can take a considerable time for us to receive your medical records.